I have one of my all-time favs back on the podcast today, my functional medicine doctor, Dr. St. Petery! She has been such a huge support to me in my journey towards health and longevity that I just want to share her wisdom with everyone!
What is a functional medicine doctor?
For those wondering, a functional medicine doctor takes a different approach to medicine. They work to get to the root cause of issues by asking questions and seeking to understand where the problem stems from so they can treat that directly. The catch is, if you want to see real success with functional medicine, you have to look at your lifestyle and make changes that will support health. Pills and quick fixes are not the way of functional medicine.
Dr. St. Petery answering your frequently asked questions
Many of you have asked me some really great questions and in this episode I get Dr. St. Petery’s thoughts on many of them. Here’s what we’re getting into in this episode:
- What is functional medicine and how can you find a functional medicine doctor near you?
- What are peptides, where can you get them, and are they safe?
- What’s better, peptides or pellets?
- How can you find balance in your hormones through menopause?
- How much protein should women be consuming?
- Do hormones affect our energy levels?
- Is there a difference between taking estrogen through a patch or pill and which is more effective?
- What helps women going through perimenopause the most?
We are covering a whole range of topics so tune in and learn from Dr. St. Petery’s expertise!