Have you heard people say, “On Monday, I am going to start a new diet, stop drinking, save money, or a specific goal”? On Monday do you feel like you are starting fresh or with a clean slate? I do. It’s like whatever happened last week good or bad, on Monday it is like you can start all over again.
So if we start fresh on Monday, what happens when we mess up or get off track from where we wanted to be? Do we just start over again the next Monday?
5 Tips On Staying On Track With Your Goal
- Write down your goal. Is it a SMART goal? Read this article on SMART Goals – How to Make Your Goals Achievable.
- Have a positive mindset. Focus on the things you did right, not wrong. Let those things go and remember, progress over perfection.
- Have a beginner’s mind. Be open to learning more about what it is you want and how to achieve it. Read books, ask people who have achieved the goals you want to achieve.
- Share your goal with trustworthy people. Sharing your goal with people who will encourage you is really important. We all need support and encouragement.
- Think of every day as a Monday. Monday’s are new beginnings, every day can be a new beginning a clean slate to start fresh again.